How to turn your picasa web albums into slideshows on ipad?
You have uploaded a lot of photos to your picasa web albums, like me and most other cool young generations. You can share them within your networks there flawlessly, that´s for sure. No problem.
Yet sometimes, when you need to show these photos on a family reunion or friends get-together, it would be very inconvenient to sign in to picasa, find these photos and show to them. Further more, the screen of the computer or the ipad would be too small for everybody to see the photos clearly.
In this case, you can use one ipad app named Photo Slideshow Director HD to help you. With this cute little app you can turn your picasa web albums into eye-catching slideshows in minutes on your ipad. Then play the slideshows on big screen HDTV and everybody will be happy to enjoy the slideshows.
This tutorial will show you in detail, how to create slideshows for your picasa web album on ipad. Here we go:
After the app was correctly installed, launch it.
Goto “My Projects”, tap on “new” to start a new slideshow.
First of all, we should sign in the picasa account to locate the album and choose the photos for the slideshow. ( You can also add all phones in one album into the slideshow by clicking the “Add All” button on the right.)
Note: There will be a download process, during which the chosen Photos are downloaded directly and added into the slideshow. If there are a large number of photos to be downloaded, please wait for a little while.
Now the real show time begins:
Subtitles: You can add a subtitle to each photo, like where or when it was taken, or on which occasion/event, with whom and so on. You can adjust the font, font size, and font color according to the content or the tone of the photo. There are a big bunch of choices for you.
Blank Image: To demonstrate the photos and slideshow even better, you are able to add a blank image into the slideshow. On this page, you have chance to tell the viewers about the history or anecdote about the photo or the slideshow by adding a small text on it. Just like subtitles, you are also able to customize the font, font color and size.
– Background for this blank image can also be customized. There are a few examples in the app which you can choose from. If still not happy with them, you can click on the button on the right to add your own background image.
Note: Turn on the “Apply to all” button and you can set one transition for the whole slideshow.
Music: No slideshow can go without music. Photo Slideshow Director HD is also no exception. You can choose background music from your iTunes library. After the music is added, there will be a stream line under the photos. And you can listen to them, displace them, or remove them from the slideshow.
– Show time and transition time: There is a “Edit” button on the top right. Click on it and you can reset the time for each slide and transition. Default value for show time and transition time is 4 and 2 seconds. You can set the value between 1.0 – 10.9 seconds in line with your needs.
Note: The version number can also be seen here. You can check if you need an update.
Make some slight changes if necessary. And then you are ready to show your masterwork to the audience.
2. Please don´t forget to tick “Done” after you have input the subtitle and text.
3. Your projects will be save in the app. You can retrieve them later for further edition by clicking “My Projects”.
4. You can play the slideshows via AirPlay if you are running iOS 5 on iPad 2.